Paneer Butter Masala ! Dhabha style !
I always prefer dhabha style cooking might be for their rustic charm or for their earthy flavors.Paneer butter masala is one of utmost famous delicacies of Indian cuisines. Dhabha style Paneer Butter masala definetely stands out in comparision to the regularly made due to the addition of roasted papad,kasoori methi and crushed coriander seeds.All in All making it a show stopper for any gathering.
- Prep work : Cube the paneer add them to warm water and set aside.Blend cashews and milk together into smooth cream. Puree the tomatoes, mince ginger garlic and onions separately and set them ready.
- In a pan add oil. Once hot add whole garam masala and cumin seeds. Saute for few seconds.
- Add minced ginger, garlic and onions. Saute and cook until onions turn lightly golden.
- Now add in the butter and allow it to melt.
- Add the tomato puree ,cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes stirring in intervals until most of the moisture evaporates and starts to leave the sides.
- Add the dry spices, crushed coriander seeds along with salt and chilli powder. Mix and saute for a minute or so.
- Crush the kasoori methi and add to the gravy.Stir well.
- Add in the cubed paneer along with crushed papad and a cup or more of water according to your preference and bring it to a gentle simmer.
- As it simmers add in the cashew cream and continue to cook until it thickens resembling a gravy.
- Once it attains required consistency sprinkle sugar, crushed coriander seeds, chopped coriander leaves.
- Stir well and a cook for a minute more.
- Rustic and Earthy Dhabha style Butter Paneer masala is ready to devour !