Mixed Vegetable curry !
I always fancy Dhaba style of cooking because of its rustic looks and bursting flavors.This mixed vegetable is one of its kind. A bit time consuming but the end result is worth all the effort.
- In a non stick pan add a tbsp of oil once hot add in the chopped onions, tomato and cashews. Saute them until onions caramelize and tomato turns soft.
- Allow this to cool at room temperature.Transfer this to a blender jar and by adding 1/4 cup of water blend this to a smooth paste.
- Heat the pan again with a tbsp of oil. Fry veggies except bell pepper and peas one after the other adding tsp of oil in intervals (if necessary), until slightly golden. Fry the paneer as well and Once done frying transfer them to a plate.
- I used about 3 tbsp of oil in the frying and sauteing process.
- Now re heat the same pan with left over 2 tbsp(5-3=2) of oil. Add in the whole garam masala and saute for a minute.
- Next stir in the ginger garlic paste and ground onion tomato puree.
- Cover and cook this over medium heat until thick and oil starts to ooze out stirring in intervals.
- Next add in the cumin , coriander, red chilli, turmeric, garam masala powders along with salt and sugar. Stir well and cook for a minute.
- Next add in the bell pepper and peas.Stir well.
- Add in the milk and 1/2 cup of water. Stir well. Cover and continue to cook over medium heat until bell peppers and peas turn slightly soft. It took around 3 minutes for me.
- Once they are cooked add in the fried veggies and paneer.
- Cover and cook further for 5 more minutes stirring in intervals. This helps the veggies to absorb all the spices and turns paneer soft as well.
- Now add in the crushed kasoori methi and chopped coriander.
- Stir well. Cook for a minute or two
- Mixed vegetable curry the dhaba style is all ready to be served with any Indian bread or rice.