Maple and white chocolate Blondies !!
A Blondie also known as a "blond[e] brownie" is a rich, sweet dessert bar. It resembles the traditional chocolate brownie, but substitutes vanilla for the cocoa used in brownies, and contains brown sugar.These maple and white chocolate blondie's are a great change and delectable. Maple and white chocolate in every bite adds the much needed twist to the regular ones ..These serve as a great accompaniment for tea/coffee ..perfect for snacking and stacking too !!
- 1 cup : All purpose flour / Maida
- 1/8 tsp : Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp : Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp : Sea salt
- 1 large : Egg at room temperature
- 1/3 cup : Melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup : Brown sugar
- 1 tsp : Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp : Maple syrup / extract
- 1/2 cup : Chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup : White chocolate chips
- Sift the all purpose flour , baking soda , baking powder and mix in sea salt .Now set this aside until use.
- Take the chopped walnuts and white chocolate chips in a separate bowl and dust them with flour ..This ensure equal distribution of them rather than sinking at the bottom while baking .
- Next in a mixing bowl add the melted butter and brown sugar now beat this until incorporated .
- Later add in the egg , vanilla extract , maple syrup and mix well..
- Next add in the sifted flour mix and dusted walnuts , chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Now spread this mixture evenly on a parchment lined 8×8 inch baking pan and bake in a preheated oven at 180°c / 350°f for 20 to 25 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Once baked cool this at the room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes ..later slice them into desired shapes.
These Blondie's are delectable , soft , chewy , with the added crunch of walnuts and bursting flavor of maple syrup makes them unique and stand out .