Jowar Flour Paniyaram
Jowar paniyaram are really tasty and serve great as a breakfast or as an evening snack.These paniyaram are a no rice dumplings , an ultimate option for weight watchers too. Jowar also known as Sorghum is not only a protein rich grain but is also loaded with A,B vitamins and much more minerals, so a healthy way to kick start your day.
- 1/2 cup : Urad dal
- 1 cup : Jowar flour
- 1 tsp : Fenugreek seeds
- 1 medium : onion chopped
- 4 nos : Green chillies minced
- 3 tbsp : Chana dal , soaked for an hour
- Few sprigs of cilantro / coriander chopped
- 1 tsp : Cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- Wash and soak the urad dal and fenugreek seeds in enough water for 4 to 6 hours.
- Later drain the water and grind the dal and seeds into fine batter. Now add the jowar flour and stir well until combined and lump free.
- Next morning add the chopped onions, minced chillies, cumin seeds, salt, coriander leaves, soaked chana dal and give it a good stir.
- Heat up a paniyaram pan, add a couple of drops of oil into each dent. Now spoon in batter and cook this covered on medium heat until the top kind of dries out.
- Later flip them and cook on the other side. Once golden fried on both the sides remove on to a plate and serve them hot with coconut chutney.
We love it , hope you will love them too !!