Mushroom Matar Masala !!
Mushrooms can be used in utmost recipes delivering best dishes ever !!
Falling into such genre is this Mushroom Matar masala ...a tomato based , perfectly flavored dish that serves great as an accompainment to Roti/Rice etc ...
- 250 gm : Mushroom quartered
- 1 cup : fresh / frozen Green peas
- 1 nos: Green chilli
- An inch piece : Ginger
- 4 large : Garlic cloves
- 1 Large : Onion chopped
- 1 Large : Tomato chopped
- 3 tbsp : Oil(Divided)
- 1/2 tsp : Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp : Turmeric
- 1 tsp : Red chilli powder
- 1/2tsp : Cumin powder
- 1 tsp : Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp : Garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 1tbsp : Kasoori methi crushed
- Few sprigs of Coriander/Cilantro leaves chopped
- Heat half of the oil in a pan , once hot add green chilli, ginger,garlic and saute for few mins ..
- Later add in the chopped onions n tomato n fry them for couple of mins until onions caramalise n tomatoes turn soft..
- Turn off the heat n allow them cool down at room temperature ...
- Now transfer it to a blender jar n grind into smooth paste without adding any water...
- Turn on the heat again n add the remaining oil in the same pan ..
- Once hot add the cumin seeds and dry masala powders n saute for a min or two..now stir in the peas n cook for few mins..
- Later add the ground masala paste n stir well...
- Cover n cook this until oil starts to ooze out , stirring in intervals..
- Now add in the mushroom, salt n continue cooking on low for 3 to 4 mins..
- Add in a half cup of water or more according to u r preference n adjust the consistency..
- Cover n cook this for couple more mins ..lastly sprinkle the chopped coriander leaves and crushed kasoori methi ..
- Turn off , dish out ...
- Serve hot with rice/roti /paratha etc..tastes great with any !!
Make and enjoy with your family n friends ..
We love it hope u will love it too !!