Idli Manchurian !!
Weekends always remain special as it is family time n lazy time which makes the space for that extra special snack ...
But we ladies do not want to spend hours in the kitchen preparing such things , so we're always in search for that easy,quick n tasty finger foods...
Idli Manchurian is an awesome snack/Appetizer that is finger licking good, can be made in no time using simple ingredients right from u r pantry n moreover the left over idlies from morning breakfast are put to the best use ....
This will turn out an instant hit among u r family n friends and especially u r kids will tag you with the "Best Mommy" title for sure!! :) :)
- 8 nos : Idli's (cooled n cubed to bite sized)
- 1/3 cup : All purpose flour/ Maida
- 1/3 cup +1tbsp : Corn flour/starch
- 1 tsp : Ginger Garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp : White pepper powder
- 1 tsp : Red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2cup + 1/4cup water
- 2tbsp+ 1tbsp : Oil
- 1 small : Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 small : Pepper/Capsicum sliced
- 1 tbsp : Soya sauce
- 1 tsp : Vinegar
- Pinch : Ajinomoto (optional)
- 2 tbsp : Tomato ketchup
- Add a tbsp of cornstarch to 1/4 cup of water n stir well without lumps n set aside until use...
- In a bowl add the all purpose flour,corn starch, pepper powder, salt , red chilli powder and ginger garlic paste ...make this into a runny lumpfree batter using 1/2 cup of water...add more water if required...
- Add the cubed idli pieces to this batter n give it a gentle stir so that the idli pieces are well coated with it..
- Add 2tbsp of oil in a pan...once its hot add the batter coated idli pieces n shallow fry them until crisp ..and remove them onto a plate..
- Shallow fry the remaining in the same manner n set aside ...
- In the same pan add the remaining tbsp oil ...once its hot add the sliced onion n pepper pieces ...saute these for couple of mins..
- Next stir in the soya sauce, vinegar, ajinomoto, tomato ketchup ..
- Bring this to a gentle boil ...now add the corn starch water to it n stir..
- Cook this for a min or two until slightly thickened..
- Next stir in the fried battered idli pieces...n mix well...
- Cover this with a lid and simmer for couple of mins..
- Lastly sprinkle with some sesame seeds n finely chopped green chillies..
- Now this finger licking goodness is ready to serve...
Make n enjoy with your family n friends...
We love it hope you will love it too !!!