Aloo Chana Chaat !!
Aloo chana chaat is the simplest and the tastiest of the chaat recipes, it provides you that daily amount of protein and carbohydrates as well...This is so comforting and tummy filling. Can be done in a jiffy with just a few ingredients off u r pantry!!
- 2 cups : Garbanzo beans ( Kabuli chana )
- 4 medium sized : Potatoes boiled , peeled and cubed.
- 1 medium : Onion chopped
- 4 tbsp : Tamarind chutney (see notes )
- Few sprigs of Cilantro ,finely chopped
- 1 nos : Green chilli finely chopped
- 1 tsp : Red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp : Chaat masala powder
- 1/4 tsp : Black salt
- 1 tsp : Roasted cumin powder
- 1/4 cup : Pomergranate seeds
- Soak the garbanzo beans in enough water for overnight or for atleast 6 hrs until doubled in size...
- Now boil them adding fresh water and a tsp of salt until soft but not mushy ..
- Boil the potatoes , peel and cube them into bite size pieces.
- Now in a deep mixing bowl add the boiled garbanzo , potato ,onion , chaat masala , tamarind chutnry , red chilli powder, black salt , green chilli chopped , chopped cilantro, pomergranate seeds and mix well until combined.
- Keep this chilled until you serve ...
- Just before serving top it with few more cilantro leaves , chopped onions and pomergranate seeds n then serve !!
An extra drizzle of lime juice and a sprinkle of cumin powder always makes it better !!
Make and enjoy with u r family n friends !!
We love it , hope you will love it too !!
Tamarind chutney :
1/2 cup : Thick tamarind pulp ( soak fistful of tamarind in hot water for atleast an hour , then drain excess water n squeeze out the pulp)
1 tsp : Coriander powder
1/2 tsp : Roasted cumin powder
4 tbsp : Jaggery / Brown sugar
1 tsp : Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp : Roasted n crushed Fennel seeds
Salt to taste
Mix everything in a microwave safe bowl and cook in microwave for 2 to 3 mins until sugar or jaggery melted n turns saucy texture !!
Tamarind chutney is ready to dress u r chaat n savory dishes !!