Coconut cookies !!
Coconut cookies are so simple to make n yet so delicious ...I bet u can never stop with one..They are so addictive n they remind me of my childhood...During which I loved to buy these yummy goodies from Golden bakery that was just a few steps away from my parents house...These are crunchy on the outside and slightly chewy in the center as we bite into them and the mild aroma of baked coconut is just out of this world...i am totally in love with these goodies ...
Bake them urself n taste i am sure you will definetely come to know what am I talking about ....
Ingredients : yield : 20 cookies
- 1 1/4 cup : All purpose flour / Maida
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup divided : Fresh / descicated coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup : Unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp : salt
- 3/4 cup : Granulated sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp milk
- And increase the butter quantity to 1/2 cup instead of 1/4 cup ...Rest all ingredients remain the same ...and no compromise in taste or texture too !!
- In a bowl add the butter and sugar n beat until light n fluffy...Now add in the cracked egg n beat until well combined..
- Next add in the 1 cup of coconut foakes n stir well ...
- Next add in the flour and salt n knead into dough...
- Take a spoonful of cookie dough at a time and roll into thick discs / peda like between u r palms..
- Roll each disc in remaining 1/4 cup of coconut and place on the cookie sheet lined with parchment paper ...
- Once all are rolled and ready.. bake them in a preheated oven at 180°c / 356° f approximately for 18 to 20 mins or until golden...
- Later transfer them on to a cooling rack n cool at room temperature..
A perfect n healthy snack for one n all...especially kids n coconut lovers will definetely love them...
Make n enjoy with u r family n friends !!
We love them n hope you will love them too!!