Apple Cinnamon Roses !!
Wanted to try these Apple cinnamon roses since the day i saw the video from Tastemade ...but i was really skeptical about using cream cheese as shown in video ...so made some alterations as per our taste and ended up using this filling that i made for Apple pies and the outcome is amazing...Apple Pies turned Apple Roses and My kids loved them!!
- 1 sheet : Puff pastry (thawed)
- 2 nos : Red Apples sliced thinly
- 1/2 of a lemon juice
- 1/2 cup : water
- 1/4 cup : soft brown sugar packed
- 2 tbsp : Butter
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp : Cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp : water
- 1 1/2 tbsp : All purpose flour / Maida
- Defrost the puff pastry for overnight in refrigerator...
- In a small sauce pan add the butter ..once melted add the brown sugar , cinnamon n water ...
- Cook this until sugar melts ...now add the flour ..keep stirring to avoid any lumps and cook for couple of mins..
- Now turn off the heat and allow this cool down to room temperature...
- Do not over cook as it thickens further more once cooled..
- Meanwhile core the apples , half them and slice them thinly...
- In a microwave safe bowl add the lemon juice, water and apple slices..give it a stir and cook in microwave for 3 mins..
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into 3" wide strips ..
- For the final assembling : Lay a strip on chopping board or any flat surface ...
- Add a spoonful of cinnamon n brown sugar sauce ..spread it evenly leaving a small room at the edges of the strip..
- Now start laying the apple slices one over the other , on the edge of the strip as shown in pic ..making sure that all the liquid is drained properly...
- Now bring the other edge over the apple slices half way through n fold pressing slightly...
- Now start rolling along the edges until both the corners meet ...you will end up with something looking like a rose..
- Repeat the same with remaining strips and place them in a muffin / cup cake pan ..
- Now bake this in an preheated oven at 375°f / 180°c for 35 to 40 mins or until done ...
- Finally dust them with powdered sugar ...(optional )..
Perfect,easy and wowsome !!
Make and enjoy with your family n friends ...
We love it and hope you will love it too !!!