Caramel Bhapa Doi !! Steam cooked Caramel yoghurt !!
Caramel Bhapa Doi is a creamy,rich caramel flavored yoghurt that is steam cooked n served cold...Such a simple n easy to make dessert that can be made much ahead to the occasion and refeigerated ...
It is a speciality of Bengali cuisine that is made in so many different flavors such as plain , pista, caramel , mango , vanilla , strawberry n much more just need to brush up u r imagination n creative skills ...
Such a versatile n tastiest dessert ever !!
- 1 cup : Plain natural yoghurt
- 400 gm / 1 can : Sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup : Caramel / Toffee sauce
- 1 cup : Full fat milk
- Chopped nuts for garnish optional
- Pinch of Saffron for garnish optional
- Foil for wrapping/ covering
- Water for steaming
- In a deep dish add the yoghurt , milk , caramel , condensed milk n stir well without any lumps..
- Now strain this mixture using a sieve ...
- Next pour this mixture into popsicle moulds,ramekins or kulfi pots 3/ 4way full..
- Wrap their tops with foil or close with lids if u have ...
- In a pan pour some water about two inch level n bring it to a soft boil..
- Later place the wrapped moulds in bubbling water n close the pan with lid n steam cook for 10 mins..
- Next unwrap n garnish with chopped nuts n saffron strands..
- Wrap them once again n refrigerate for 2 hrs or until set ..
Now they are ready to be served...
Perfect treat for hot summers !!
Make n enjoy with your family n friends..
We love it hope you will love it too!!