Spicy Mini Samosa !! Haldiram's Style !!
Haldiram's Mini samosa's are so crisp , spicy n full of flavors and my family loves to snack on them !!
As many of you are aware that i love experimenting n replicating store bought snacks , as homemade are much more healthier ..so falling into the same genre are my Mini Besan Samosa's...yumm yumm !!
These taste way too good than store bought...filled with roasted besan , spices and nuts , makes them unique and standout from regular samosa's...i bet you cannot stop with one !!
No matter how many you make , you will definetely fall short ..for sure !!!
Moreover it has a really long shelf life ..but i wonder will they last that long ??? Hehehe !!
Ingredients : Yield : 30 mini samosa's
For the pastry :
- 2 cups : All purpose flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp : Carom seeds/ Ajwain
- 3 tbsp : Ghee (I insist ghee for perfect results)
- Water as needed
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 1/2 cups : Besan / Roasted gram flour
- 2 tsp : Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp : Black Pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp : Hing / Asiefetida
- 1/8 tsp : Turmeric
- 1 tbsp : Crushed fennel seeds/ Saunf
- 2 tbsp : Ghee
- 3 tbsp : chopped cashews
- 3 tbsp : chopped raisins
- In a bowl add all purpose flour , salt , carom seeds , ghee and mix well..
- Now add water little by little and knead into a semi soft dough like the poori dough..
- Once kneaded ..cover n set aside until use..
- For the stuffing : In a bowl take the besan , salt , chilli powder, pepper powder, crushed fennel seeds, turmeric , Hing and melted ghee...mix this mixture really well ..
- Now heat a non stick pan and add the besan mixture to it..
- Roast this mixture on medium heat until aromatic n raw smell disappers from it..
- Now sprinkle a tbsp of water over it n continue roasting for couple of mins...
- Later turn off the heat and allow it to cool..
- Once cooled add the chopped cashews and raisins n mix well..
- Now divide the dough into small ball sized portions..
- Roll each ball into an oval shaped disc ..applying a drop of oil if required to avoid sticking etc..
- Once rolled prick it with fork here n there and cut it into half..
- Next lift one half n fold into a cone ..pressing the edges firmly until sealed well...
- Now add a spoonful of besan mixture to it..and press the open ends firmly n give it a samosa shape...
- Repeat this process and prepare all the samosa's in the same way ..
- Meanwhile start heating up the oil for deep frying in a pan / kadai..
- Once the oil is moderately hot ..add the samosa's and deep fry until golden..
- ***Do not over crowd the oil ..fry 5 to 6 samosas at a time ..
- ***Keep stirring the oil in circular motions with a big spoon or skewer ..this helps in getting even coloring on all the sides...
- Once fried drain them on to a paper towel ..
- Later serve them hot with green chutney or ketchup..
Best accompainment for tea / coffee !!
They taste heavenly !!
Make and enjoy with family n friends...
We love it hope you will love it too !!!
The only backdrop is you prefer making than buying..Lol !!