Peanut chutney !!! For idly/dosa !!
Are you bored of regular coconut chutney ..try this Peanut chutney..
It is unique and bursting with flavors..
Goes well with any dosa / Idli ...
Can be done in no time with a few a ingredients..best alternative when we are out of Coconut or daliya...
- 1/2 cup Raw / roasted peanuts
- A golf ball sized Tamarind
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of sugar
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 mustard n cumin seeds
- Few curry leaves
- Soak the tamarind in enough water for 10 to 15 mins n extract the juice..
- In a pan add a tsp of oil..once hot , add the Peanuts and fry until raw smell is gone n they turn golden...
- If using roasted peanuts skip this step..
- Once roasted allow them to cool at room temperature..
- In a blender jar add the roasted peanuts , garlic , salt , red chilli powder, sugar..n grind until smooth paste using the tamarind juice n water if needed...
- Once grinding is done check the seasoning n adjust...
- Now in the same pan add the remaining oil...once hot add the cumin seds, mustard seeds allow them to splutter n add the curry leaves..saute for a min ..
- Now add this tempering to the chutney n serve..
Make n enjoy with your family n friends..
we loved it hope you will love it too !!!