Multi seeded , Eggless, Butterless Bread loaf !!
Since the day we moved abroad Bread has become a part of our diet..someway or the other we end up having bread, it might be wholewheat,multigrain ,seeded,brioche,buns, baguettes etc ,, atleast once in every couple of days..
Always wanted to bake a loaf all by myself but never attemped thinking of the process and also as breads are much cheaper n easily available in the stores at any time of the day n year...
But when the bread making becomes as simple as this it becomes hard to control u r hands ..Lol !!
So atlast baked my very first Multiseeded Bread loaf ...Really delighted with the outcome...it turned out spongy n perfect ...let's head towards its making without further delay ...
- 500 gm : White Bread flour
- 1.5 tsp : Salt
- 1 tsp : Quick yeast
- 1 tbsp : Sugar
- 325 ml : Warm water
- 3 tbsp : Vegetable oil
- 100 gms : Mixed seeds ( i used Linseeds,sunflower seeds and sesame seeds)
- In a large bowl mix together flour , salt , sugar n yeast ..
- Add the warm water n make into a dough..it will be sticky so u can use a wooden spatula for mixing..
- Now add the oil and mix thoroughly..
- Later dust the countertop or any clean work table with dry flour ..
- Now place the dough n start kneading until the dough is soft n paliable..it takes around 10 to 15 mins of kneading to get there..
- Now keep sprinkling the mixed seeds n continue kneading until seeds are evenly incorporated..
- Later punch the dough n knead again for a min..
- Now shape the dough into a log n place it in the greased 1kg / 2 lb loaf tin ..
- Sprinkle few seeds over the top as well..
- Cover the dough n place it in a warm place for second rise..
- Once the dough is well risen brush the top with milk ..
- Now bake this a preheated oven at 200°c / 425°f for 30 to 35 mins or until done..
- Once baked to golden crust remove and cool it in the loaf tin for 10 mins..
- Next run a knife along the edges of the tin to loosen the bread..
- Invert it on to a wire rack n cool it completely..
- Once cooled cut into slices n enjoy...
A Big No to store bought breads from now on ...lol !!
Make and enjoy with your family n friends...
We love it hope you will love it too !!