Moongdal Namkeen !!! Not Haldiram's!!!
We usually buy our namkeen from Indian stores but suddenly thought of giving it a shot, n made at home...
So started with the basic Moongdal namkeen...to my surprise it turned out exactly the same as store bought...Really crunchy n chaat masala that I added gave it the extra homie touch...
Without any further delay sharing it with you ...
- 1 cup split yellow moongdal
- Oil for deep frying
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder (optioanal )
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Chaat masala
- Wash n soak the moongdal in enough water for couple of hours ..
- Later drain the water really well using a sieve / colander..
- Next spread the dal on a muslin / cotton cloth as evenly as possible n allow it to dry completely at room temperature for 6 hours to overnight..
- Drying it well is really important as we deep fry the dal ..if there is any moisture left it will splutter n spill...so be cautious..
- Once dry collect it to a bowl..
- Meanwhile start heating oil in a pan / kadai until moderately hot..
- Oil level has to be just over an inch...do not add more oil as it will be difficult to fry...
- If u have the fine net laddle use that...i just used a slotted spoon..
- Once the oil is hot ,add the dal little by little n deep fry for 3 to 4 mins until pale yellow n crisp..
- It will crisp up even more once it cools down...
- Once fried remove the dal on to a paper towel ...
- Repeat the frying until all dal is done..
- While still hot sprinkle the red chilli powder, salt n chast masala ...or just salt according to u r choice..
A perfect tea time accompainment...
Make n enjoy with your family n friends..
A definete crowd pleaser..
We love it hope you will love it too !!!