Masala Besan Poori !!
Masala besan poori is an authentic dish made in our households...It is packed with flavors of the ground greens and a bit sour becoz of the lime juice...This is mostly prepared for breakfast n much preferred snack during long journeys as it stays good for a couple of days !!
My mom stuffs the poori with besan n masala mix like we do for parathas ..then rolls n fries...but doing it that way is time consuming so did it my way, the easy way out...
Ingredients : yield : 20 poori's
- 2 cups : wheat flour / Atta
- 3/4 cup : Besan / chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp : Ginger garlic paste
- 6 to 8 : Green chillies or to taste
- 1 cup : Mint / Pudina leaves packed
- 1 cup : cilantro / Coriander leaves
- Few curry leaves chopped
- 1 tsp : Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp : Red chilli powder or to taste
- 1/4 tsp : Turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup or 4 tbsp : Lime / Lemon juice
- Water as needed
- Oil for deep frying
Method :( You can increase or decrease spices n masala's to u r preference n taste )
- In a blender jar add the mint , coriander leaves and green chillies n grind into coarse paste without adding any water..
- In a deep bowl add the wheat flour , besan , ground paste, chopped curry leaves , ginger n garlic paste, salt , chilli powder, garam masala and turmeric ...
- Mix everything well ..Now add the lime juice and water as needed n knead into a dough...
- Cover this n set aside for 10 mins...
- Later divide the dough into 20 or more balls..
- Now roll each dough ball into poori dusting with dry flour..
- Meanwhile add oil for deep frying in a pan / kadai ...
- Once the oil is hot deep fry them until golden on both the sides...
- Once fried drain them on to a paper towel..
Serve them hot with curd or pickle..
They taste great as it is that no dip or side is required..
Make and enjoy with family n friends..
We loved it hope you will love it too !!!!