KaramPodi !! Spicy lentil powder for Idli / Dosa / Uttappam !!
Karampodi is a perfect dip for Idli / Dosa / Uttappam and many more, with a added spoonful of ghee makes it a awesome flavorful accompainment ..
So simple n easy to make...
Can be made n stored for months...
- 1/2 cup Toor dal
- 1/2 cup : Chana dal
- 1/2 cup : Urad dal
- 1/2 cup : yellow Moong dal
- 1/4 cup : Coriander / Dhania seeds
- 1 tbsp : Pepper corns
- 10 to 12 : Dry red chillies
- 5 large : Garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast all the ingredients seperately except salt until dals turn aromatic n golden...
- Once roasted cool them at room temperature for half hour or so ..until cool to touch..
- Later grind them after adding salt in a blender jar to a slightly coarse powder...
- Once done grinding store in am airtight container a relish while stock lasts..
Tastes so great n flavorful...
Make and enjoy ..
We love it hope you will love it too...