Gajar ka Halwa !! Just in 20 mins !! Made in Microwave !!
I think i mentioned earlier a couple of times that I love sweets ..but this time it was my kids request for Gajar ka halwa..
Traditionally its made using mawa , gajar , sugar and lots n lots of ghee ...not only that it is loaded with fat but also its time consuming, moreover lots of stirring n cooking oriented..
But guess what, i made this in Microwave, in hardly 20 mins using a tbsp of butter just to satisfy me mentally !! Lol!!
Ingredients : serves 4 to 6
- 500 gms carrots ( peeled and grated ) u can use gajar as well..but cooking time might differ..
- 1 tbsp Butter / ghee
- 1/4 cup homemade/ store bought fresh Cream / Malai
- 14 oz / 395 gms can condensed milk ( u can use more/less according to u r preference ..my carrots were not that sweet so had to use whole can )
- Chopped nuts for garnish
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- In a microwave safe deep bowl, preferrably glass bowl ...add the grated carrots , cream and condensed milk ..
- Use deeper bowl , at times it might over flow..
- Initially add 3/4 can check for its sweetness and add the rest if required ..as said earlier my carrots were not sweet so had to add whole can..
- Give it a good stir & cook in the microwave on high for 5 mins..(My oven is 800 watts )
- After which it will be all liquidy and carrots tend to soften a bit..
- Stir n cook on high for another 5 mins..
- Repeat the process until all the liquid kind of evaporates and dries up..
- It took exactly 18 mins for me to attain the required texture as shown in pic..i observed all the liquid almost evaporated and color has changed to deep orange by then..
- Now add a tbsp of butter and microwave again on high for a min..
- Later add the cardamom powder and stir..
Tastes yumm ...can be done in a jiffy...
The absence of mawa is fulfilled by condensed milk and cream ..
Turned out flaky n perfect ...& that tbsp of butter,added to its perfect glossy look..
Make and enjoy with your family n friends..trust me you will definetely love it !!!
We loved it hope you will love it too !!!