Eggless Fruit n nut Biscuits !!! Karachi Bakery style !!
Fruit n nut biscuits are a definite buy whenever we visit India !! These Karachi bakery goodies are so filled with flavors of tutti frutti , cashews n raisins..
They are crunchy on the outside with soft center's....
These biscuits are perfect for snacking and serve as great accompaniment for tea...
These are loved by one n all irrespective of their age !!!
- 250 gm / 2 cups : All purpose flour / Maida
- 75 gm/ 1/2 cup : Tutti frutti
- 50 gm / 1/3 cup +3 tbsp : Cashews chopped
- 30 gm/ 1/4 cup : Raisins chopped
- 50 gm / 1/3 cup : Custard powder
- 15 gm / 2 tbsp : Milk powder
- 1 tsp : Cardamom powder
- 1 tsp : Baking powder
- 150 gm / 2/3 cup : Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 150 gm / 2/3 cup : Icing /Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp : Pineapple essence
- 2 tbsp : water
- Sift the flour, custard powder and baking powder together, add the tutti frutti , 1/3 cup cashews and raisins to this , Mix well n set in a bowl..
- In another bowl add the butter, water and powdered sugar n beat until soft n creamy..
- Next combine the flour mixture n butter mixture and knead into a dough...
- Once kneaded set this in the refrigerator for 10 mins..
- Later divide the dough into two portions..
- Next dust the counter top or working table with a tbsp of flour and roll the dough into a rectangle with 0.5 mm thickness...
- Now sprinkle 1 1/2 tbsp of cashews over this n roll lightly ..so that the cashew are pressed in the dough...
- Now cut them into desired shapes ...
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper n set in the refrigerator until next dough ball is rolled n cut...
- Repeat the same with another dough ball..
- Later bake these in an preheated oven at 180°c / 350°f for 10 mins..
- Once baked remove n allow them to stand on the baking sheet for 5 mins ..
- Now transfer on to a wire rack n allow them to cool completely..
Mildly sweet , crunchy n soft goodies ...yumm yumm !!!
Make n enjoy with u r loved ones ..
We loved it hope you will love it too !!!