Dahi Wada !!! Cool Cool snack for hot hot summers!!
Dahi wada is a perfect snack for hot summers !! Tastes so moist n cool when it slides through mouth..!!
This is the simplest n easiest snack ever to make ..but making it the right way is important to yield perfect restaurant quality results !!
For Dahi wada :
- 1 cup : urad dal ( split / whole )
- 2 tbsp : Rice flour
- Salt to taste
For the Buttermilk:
- 1 cup : Yoghurt/ curd
- 2 to 2.5 cups : water
- 1 tsp : Salt
- 3 tbsp : thick tamarind pulp
- 1/2 tsp : chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp : Coriander/ Dhania powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp : Sugar
- 1/2 tsp : chaat masala
- Few sprigs cilantro / coriander chopped
- 1 tsp : salt
- 1 tsp : Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp : Roasted cumin powder
- Wash n soak the urad dal overnight in enough water..
- Next morning drain the water n grind into smooth paste adding water if required..
- The batter has to be thick like idli batter..if its thin , the wada's soak up more oil n turn out soggy and if the batter is too thick the wada's turn up hard n chewy..
- Once the batter is ground ..beat this by hand or hand blender or standmixer with paddle attachment until light n fluffy..
- When you drop little batter to the bowl of water it should float on top..
- Now add the rice flour and salt n beat again for couple of minutes...
- Now heat oil for deep frying in a deep pan / kadai until moderately hot...
- Now drop small golf sizes balls / like regular wada's in oil..n fry until golden on medium heat..
- Later drain on to a paper towel..
- Once all wada's are fried..prick them with a fork all over ..
- Now drop these wada's in water..n let them sit in water for 20 mins..
- Later press n squeeze out the water from wada's...
- Meanwhile make buttermilk in a wide deep dish using 1 cup of thick yoghurt n 2 cups of water or more..whisk until even without any lumps of yoghurt..add a tsp of salt to the buttermilk n mix again..
- Now add the wada's to this buttermilk ..n allow them to sit for atleast 2hrs..
- Now prepare the tamarind chutney..In a bowl take the thick tamarind pulp ..add salt , red chilli powder, coriander powder, sugar and chaat masala microwave for couple of minutes on high until sugar is melted n tamarind is cooked ...
- Cool a bit until use..
- Once the wada's soak n turn soft ...take around 5 to 6 balls to a bowl add 2 to 3 tbsp of buttermilk in which the wada's were soaked , drizzle a spoonful of tamarind chutney, sprinkle pinch of red chilli powder, salt n roasted cumin powder and chopped coriander leaves..
Serve this cooled ...
Tastes delish ..moist n flavorful...
The added tamarind chutney and cumin powder takes it to just other level...
Make n enjoy with your family n friends..
We love it hope you will love it too !!!