Cream Cornets !! Eggless !!
Cream cornets are perfect snack / dessert option..creates a wow effect instantly ...
So simple n easy to make ..it includes multi steps but not complicated at all..
When i was a kid saw these beauties displayed in the bakeries but never felt like tasted them as they always took secondary place when compared to pasteries ...this is wat is called irony when they were easily available never tasted but now took all the effort to make from scratch ..hmm...
Better late than never ...Lol !!
The soft n flaky bread cones filled with sweet whipped cream ..Yumm Yumm..tastes heavenily !!
- 1 cup : Bread flour / All purpose flour ( i used bread flour ) plus 2 tbsp for dusting
- 1 tbsp : Sugar
- 1/2 tsp : Salt
- 1 tbsp : Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp : Butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp : Active dry yeast
- 2 tsp : Non fat dry milk powder
- 1 / 2 cup : warm water
- 3 tbsp : Milk for brushing
For make cone moulds :
- Kraft paper 10 × 10 cms ..6 pieces
- Aluminium foil 12 × 12 cms ..6 pieces
Make the cone with kraft paper n staple the edges..now wrap it with foil n tuck the edges into the cone n staple again..repeat the same n prepare all six of them..
Metal ones are readily available in baking supplies stores you can also buy them instead...i couldn't find them here so made them myself..
I made eight of them..multiply according to the requirement...
For the filling :
- 300 ml: Heavy whipping cream chilled
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup : Sugar
- 1 tsp : Vanilla extract
Next add the vanilla extract n whip once again until mixed..Now set this in the refrigerator until use...
Preparing Cornets :
- In a bowl add the yeast to the warm water n set side to proof for 10 mins...later we observe the liquid foamy n frothy..
- In a wider bowl add the flour, salt , sugar , milk powder n stir well..
- Now add the proofed yeast liquid n stir well with a wooden spoon..the dough will be sticky ..do not add any additional flour..it has to be sticky..
- Now dust the work table or counter top with little bit dry flour n take the dough on to it n start kneading until its not sticky anymore..
- Do not add more flour just a couple of spoons is good enough..kneading for 5 to 6 mins makes it firmer n paliable..
- Now add the butter cubes and knead it well until butter is incorporated ....
- Grease a bowl with oil ..and place the dough ball in it ..cover with cling film/ wet towel ..
- Now divide the dough into six equal portions..roll them into balls n set aside covered for 10 mins..
- Now roll each dough ball into rope of around 1 foot long..
- Now grease the prepared cones with oil and wind the dough rope starting at the tip of the cone and gradually till the end of rope n make sure that the edges are stuck well to the cone so that they dont open while baking..
- Finish all the cones in the same nanner n place them on a parchment lined baking tray n set them in a warm place for second rise ..
- This might take 30 to 40 mins..
- Now preheat the oven at 200°c or 390°f ..
- Brush the tops of the cornets with milk n bake them for 12 to 14 mins until golden..
- Once baked to perfection..cool them on a wire rack ..Later gently press the foil cones n detach from cornets..
- Later fill the cornets with whipped cream using a piping bag..
- Dust them with powdered sugar ( optional ) n enjoy..
Make n enjoy with your family n friends..
We loved it hope you will love it too !!