Cheesy Corn Pops / balls !!
Cheesy corn balls are perfect party appetizers..Very cheesy n flavorful snack loved by one n all..
This can be made in no time ...
With kids around the house ,with vacations this is a perfect finger food for them...
Loaded with the goodness of cheese and corn that are not only rich in protein and calcium but also provide the required amount of dietary fibre ..in my view it is a healthy n nutritious snack too !!
- 1cup : Corn kernels , boiled
- 1 cup : Shredded Mozarella cheese
- 1 cup : Boiled n mashed potato
- 1/2 cup : Capsicum chopped
- 2 tbsp : Corn starch / flour
- 1 tsp : Red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp : Black pepper crushed
- Salt to taste
- 2 cloves : Garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp : Oregano
- Few sprigs of cilantro / coriander chopped
- Bread crumbs as needed
- 2 tbsp : Maida/ All purpose flour mixed with 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp : Maida / all purpose flour for rolling
- Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl add the cheese, chopped capsicum , coriander n mix ..
- To this add the rest of the ingredients i.e..boiled corn , mashed potato , chopped garlic , salt , oregano ,red chilli flakes , pepper powder , corn flour n mix well..
- Start to heat up the oil in a pan / kadai for deep frying...
- While the oil is getting hot .. start to make golf sized balls with the mixture..
- In a small bowl take 2 tbsp of flour ..in another bowl take 2 tbsp flour mixed with water paste ...in another bowl take the bread crumbs..
- First roll the shaped balls one by one in dry flour then in flour paste and lastly in bread crumbs ...press n roll the balls again ..so that bread crumbs are nicely stuck to the balls... then deep fry them in moderately hot oil..
- Do not over crowd the oil add five to six balls at a time...and fry until golden on all the sides...
- Once fried drain them on to a paper towel and serve them hot with ketchup or sweet chilli sauce ...
Perfect crowd pleaser is ready to enjoy ...
Make and enjoy with your family n friends..
We love it hope you will love it too !!!