Besan Ladoo !! Without Mawa !!
One of the easiest Indian desserts to make , Besan ladoos..These are so flavorful and melt in mouth dessert..These can be made in no time and perfect for any occasion or holiday season too...Need just a couple of regular ingredients which makes the task even more easier...
Ingredients : Yield : 10 Medium Ladoos
- 1 cup : Besan / Chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp : Ghee
- 1/2 cup : Sugar
- 1/3 cup : oil n ghee mix or just ghee
- 4 nos : Cardamom crushed/ powder
- Melon seeds for garnish or nuts of your choice (optional )
- Microwave 1 tbsp milk and 1 tsp ghee together for 30 secs on high..or heat until warm on stove top..
- In a bowl add the besan and pour in the warm milk n ghee mix..
- Mix nicely with u r palm until crumbs are formed...
- Now pass or sift this mixture with a big holed sieve...***This procedure helps in giving the besan the coarse texture...It is an important step as besan turns slimy when it comes in contact with any moisture ..so this helps in mainting its texture when ladoos are made..
- Now in a non stick pan ..add the oil n ghee mix or just the ghee according to u r preference( i used both , as the weather is cold out here using both helps in keeping the moist n mouth melting for longer ) ...heat it until hot and tiny bubbles are formed ..
- To this add the coarse besan n stir...Keep roasting on low to medium heat until it turns aromatic n rusty in color..
- Once roasted turn off the heat and place on counter top..later add the sugar and cardamom powder n mix well until sugar is completely incorporated...
- Let the mixture cool down at room temperature for 15 to 20 mins..
- Later shape them into ladoos and garnish with melon seeds or nuts of u r choice..
Make and enjoy the besan ladoos with family n friends..
Sweeten your mouth n day with these yummies..
We love it hope you will love it too !!!