Aloo Gobhi Saag !!!
Aloo gobhi saag is a popular North indian gravy ...It is versatile n one of a kind...
The golden fried potato n Cauliflower with the saag gravy takes it to just other level..Its like the fusion of saag n regular aloo gobhi..
A perfect main course ...goes well with any roti / Naan / rice dishes..
So comforting n earthy goodness , mild n suttle gravy ..appeals to everyone's taste!!
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 Tomatoes chopped
- 3 Bunches / 150 gms/4 cups spinach
- An inch piece Ginger chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger n garlic paste
- 4 Green chillies chopped
- 1/4 cup Mint / pudina leaves
- 1/3 cup coriander/ cilantro leaves
- 2 large potatoes cubes
- 2 cups Cauliflower florets
- 3 tbsp yoghurt ..well beaten
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- In a deep pan add 2 cups of water n bring this to boil...now add the spinach leaves..
- Boil this for a couple of mins ...without covering..
- Later drain the water n allow it to cool..
- In a pan add a tbsp oil ..once hot add the green chilli pieces ginger n garlic pieces..fry for a min..
- Now add the mint n coriander leaves..saute for couple of mins..
- Cool and grind this into paste along with blanched spinach n set aside..
- Now deep fry the potatoes n cauliflowers to light golden set aside..
- **U can boil and add them too...
- In a non stick pan add 2 tbsp oil...once hot, add the chopped onions n fry until pinkish...
- Now add the ginger garlic paste and chopped tomatoes..
- Cook this until tomatoes are slightly dry n oil starts to ooze out...next add the dry masalas, salt n chilli powder..saute for a min....
- Now stir in the spinach, mint , coriander puree...
- Cook this on low heat for couple of mins..
- Now stir in the beaten yoghurt..
- Cook this on low heat until oil oozes out a bit...
- Next stir in the fried potato n cauliflower..
- If the gravy is dried up a bit add water as required and adjust the consistency to u r preference..
- Cook this on medium heat for 8 to 10 mins..