Whole Wheat veggie Pizza !!!
Whole wheat pizza is a perfect alternative to the regular pizza...loaded with fibre and nutritions..
Every kid loves pizzas , but how far is it healthy ??? Always felt guilty internally whenever my kids asked for it ..so tried my hands on making an healthier version...n to my surprise this tastes much better than regular ones!!!
Ingredients : for the sauce :
- 3 Tomatoes Blanched
- 3 tbsp Tomato puree ( i used store bought )
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 5 to 6 large Garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp Butter / olive oil
- 1 tsp Oregano ( dried italian herb)
- 1 tsp thyme ( dried italian herb )
- 1tsp dried basil or handful fresh basil leaves
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes or red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp sugar ( to balance the sourness if tomato n to enrich the color)
- In a pan add the butter or olive oil...once hot add the minced garlic n saute for a min ...
- Now add the chopped onions and continue frying until soft n slightly caramalised..
- Now add the pepper powder, thyme , oregano , salt , chilli flakes or powder, basil leaves and stir...
- After a min add chopped tomatoes ..stir , cover with a lid n cook until tomatoes are soft n mushy..
- Now stir in the tomato puree and sugar...mix well n cook for a min or two , until oil starts oozing out ...
- Once done..cool n store until use...
- 1 1/2 cups Whole wheat flour /Atta
- 1 1/2 cups All purpose flour /Maida
- 1 1/4 cup Luke warm water ( just above body temperature )
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Instant Dry Yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
U can use any according to u r preference..
I used tomatoes, onions, pickled olives, mushrooms, peppers and pineapple ...used grated mozarella , cheddar for the cheeses...
- In a bowl take the luke warm water add sugar and yeast...mix well until yeast is foamy n activated..
- In another wide bowl take the flours add the salt , honey and olive oil...
- Take the proofed yeast and add it to the flour mix and knead until a dough is formed...now transfter this onto slightly floured counter top n gently knead it for 10 mins ...
- After kneading transfer it back to the greased bowl..smear the top with little bit of oil ...cover the bowl with a damp cloth n set aside in a warm place for an hour or until doubled in size...
- Later the dough will be well risen...
- Now divide this into 2 equal portions
- I used a deep pan to make a pan Pizza..
- So smeared the pan with olive oil and levelled the dough in the pan..
- Now spread the Pizza sauce on it as much or as little you want ...
- For the toppings i used cherry tomatoes, onions, olives, mushroom , mixed peppers , baby corn.
- Get creative and add according to u r choice..
- Once the veggies are spread...sprinkle some grated cheese ...i used mozarella and cheddar cheeses...
- Now drizzle a spoonful of olive oil and sprinkle italian herbs over the top.
- Bake this in an preheated oven at 180°c or 325°f for 22 to 25 mins or until cheese melts and golden crust is formed...
- Make and Enjoy this wholewheat cheesiness with u r family and friends...