Vegetable Rice With coconut milk !!!
This vegetable rice with coconut milk is so rich n creamy with the added flavors of veggies & Garam Masala...
I dont think the pictures do enough justice to its taste !!!
Perfect recipe for lunch or dinner...
At times the simple n quicky versions taste much better than the lengthy n back wrenching procedures !!!
- 1 1/2 cup Basmati rice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 4 green chillies
- An inch piece ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds / Saunf
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp Shahi jeera
- 2 cardamom pods
- 4 cloves
- An inch piece cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 carrot bite sized pieces cut length wise
- 2 potato bite sized pieces cut length wise
- 1 onion sliced
- 1/4cup frozen / fresh peas
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder (optional )
- Few sprigs of cilantro / coriander chopped
First prep up u r veggies...
Next wash n soak the basmati rice until use...
In a small blending jar add fennel seeds, green chillies, ginger n garlic and grind into fine paste n set aside ...
- In a pan add oil ...once warm add the cardamom , cloves , cinnamom , bay leaf n shahi jeera...allow them to pop..
- Now stir in the sliced onions..saute until slightly golden..
- Next add the ground paste n saute for a min..until raw smell from ginger n garlic disappears ...
- Later add the sliced veggies and peas..
- Stir well n saute ...
- Next stir in the coconut milk and water along with salt...
- Bring this to a gentle boil and add rice , salt n half of coriander leaves....stir well ...
- Cover n cook on medium for 10 to 12 mins until all the moisture is absorbed and rice gets cooked...
- Once cooked turn off the heat sprinkle garam masala powder and garnish with remaining coriander leaves..
Voila !!! Creamy coconut veggie rice ready to dive in !!!
Enjoy with any gravy of u r choice or tastes great with just raita too !!!