Veg Manchurian !!!
Vegetable Manchurian is yet another delicacy of Chinese cuisine..These dumplings are so flavorful , loaded with veggies n apt as a starter or as a side to Noodles or Fried rice...
Manchuria is enjoyed by one and all ...especially kids love these dumplings ...and My favorite too !!!
My kids hate Cabbage n Cauliflower but never utter a single word when i serve these that are loaded with the same ...
For Dumplings :
- 1/3 cup finely minced/ grated cabbage
- 1/3 cup finely minced /grated cauliflower
- 1/2 cup finely minced/ grated carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 green chillies finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves grated or chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- 1/2tsp pepper powder
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour / maida
- Oil for deep frying
For the gravy :
- 1/4 cup sliced onions
- 1/4cup sliced Bell pepper / capsicum
- 1 green chilli slit
- 1tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp each spring onion whites n greens sliced
- 1tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp tomato ketchup
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp corn starch diluted in 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp Green / Red chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- Firstly mix everything mentioned in the dumplings ingredient list except oil ..
- Mix well with your hand n check if u r able to form a dumpling or not..if the mixture is still wet add a tbsp of each corn flour n maida..knead n try to form a dumpling again ..if it forms a ball without falling apart the texture is perfect...
- Now roll out all the dumplings ..Meanwhile start heating up the oil for frying in a pan or kadai..
- Once all rolled out keep them aside ...
- Check the oil , once hot add just enough dumplings n fry until golden..
- Fry them until nice and golden ..drain them on to a paper towel .. n set aside until gravy is done..
- For the gravy part : Heat a pan with oil ..once hot add the garlic n green chilli ..fry for a min or two..
- Now add the sliced onion and bell pepper...for these for a min as well
- Next add in the sauces..vinegar ..salt n pepper..n stir well..
- Later add the corn starch diluted in water..
- Stir well and immediately add the fried dumplings ..
- Stir well ..lower the heat n cover with a lid ..
- After few minutes..remove the lid n stir well..
- Turn off the heat and garnish with sliced greens n whites...
- Now this yummilicious chinese delicacy is all ready to dig in...
Equally appetizing with just ketchup as well...