Tiramisu !!! Italian dessert !! Egg or no Egg ??
Tiramisu is a classic italian dessert !!! It is the coolest trifle available around the world..
The authentic recipe calls for Baileys but i made it kids and non drinkers friendly way..
The Mascarpone custard layered with whipped cream and coffee soaked ladyfingers ...i know feels like "Heaven in dessert"...any coffee or cream lover would definetely want to have more n more...
I have not used any eggs in the recipe but biscuits contain egg ,, so heading justified Egg / No Egg !!!
- 1 package / 200 gms / 7 oz Savoiardi lady fingers+ as needed for decorating , its optional ..
- 250 gms Mascarpone cheese
- 350 ml heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup strong coffee decoction (Without sugar)
- 14 digestive biscuits
- 100 gms melted unsalted butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder or as needed
- In a food processor add the digestive biscuits that are broken into pieces n pulse until fine..
- Later add the melted butter n pulse for couple of times..
- If you dont have a food processor ..mixer or just a zip lock and rolling pin will do the job of crushing ..later remove into a bowl n mix the butter...
- Grease a spring form pan or any deep pie dish preferrably 8" pan with melted butter..
- Now add the ground digestives, spread evenly and press firmly until packed like a crust / sheet..
- Place this in the refrigerator for half hour or until firm..
- Now prepare the coffee decoction using a cup of water and 2 tsp instant coffee powder..
- It has to be strong decoction so add accordingly..(i used 2tsp Bru instant coffee powder)
- Once done allow this to cool at room temperature..
- Meanwhile mix the powdered sugar, with Mascarpone n set aside..
- Next whip the whipping cream with sugar and vanilla until soft peaks ..using a hand blender / stand mixer..
- Remove around a cup and a half of whipped cream n set in the refrigerator for garnish at the end..
- Now mix the Mascarpone with whipped cream ..
- Do not over mix as u may deflate the cream..
- Be gentle n just fold in both together..
- Divide this into three portions ...
- Take the crust out and spread one portion of cheese n cream mix over the crust..
- Dust a spoonful of cocoa powder on it..
- Next dip the lady fingers in the decoction ( completely immersed for a quick second..do not over dunk as the biscuits are sponge like and they soak in all of the liquid n turn mushy ) and start layering over it without any gaps...
- Next spread another part of cream mixture over it..
- Dust it with cocoa powder and repeat one more time..
- Now u will end up with one biscuit crust , three layers of cream and two layers of lady fingers...
- Once all done ..decorate with the cream that we stored in the refrigerator ..
- Dust it with cocoa powder...n set in the refrigerator for couple of hours...
- I used a spring form pan ..so later i detached the base and ring...
- Then decorated with Lady fingers broken into halves...by just pressing them all over the border...this step is optional..just creates a perfect presentation...
Enjoy u r evenings with strong coffee along with Tiramisu..
Hmm...Double dose of coffee...
Make and enjoy with your family n friends !!
We loved it hope you will love it too !!!