Tawa Pulao !!!
Tawa pulao is yet another quick n tasty street food made by the pav bhaji vendors !!
If u like Schezwan rice u 'll like this too !!!
This is so flavorful , tasty n mildly spicy made using the Pav bhaji masala...yes u read it rt...that's the twist in this Pulao unlike the regular pulao ...
- 1 cup raw rice ( sona masoori / Basmati )
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 Medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper finely chopped ( optional )
- 1/4 cup frozen / fresh peas
- 2 dry red chillies broken to pieces
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp Ginger n garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp Pav bhaji masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Few sprigs cilantro / coriander chopped
- Firstly wash n cook the 1 cup rice with 2 cups of water ...n set aside to cool..
- In a pan add butter n ghee together..
- Once warm add the cumin seeds n red chillies..allow the cumin to pop...
- Now add the chopped onion n saute until golden..
- Next add in the ginger garlic paste ,saute until raw smell evaporates..
- Now add the chopped tomato n cook until mushy ..closing with a lid ...
- Once mushy add the chopped carrots ,bell pepper and peas ..( i did not add peppers )
- Stir them well n cover with a lid and cook until veggies are done..they have to be crunchy not soft..
- Later add in the Dry spices i.e..red chilli powder , coriander cumin powder, salt , pav bhaji masala and stir well...
- Next stir in the chopped coriander leaves...mix well and add cooked rice ..
- Toss it with the masala mix..make sure its well mixed..
- Turn off the heat n serve with raita or plain yoghurt...
Tastes so wonderful n palette satisfying....
The added spices n veggies enchance it to an extreme extent , never thought pav bhaji masala would work great with rice as well !!!