Sweet Corn Cutlets / Pattice !!! Easiest ever!!
Sweet Corn also known as Sugar Corn is mildly sweet by nature due to its Starch content..These Kernels are rich in dietary fibre n Vitamin C with 0% cholestrol n fat..
Sweet corn cutlets are regularly made using fresh corn on the cob...but these are not available through out the year...so tried with frozen corn..
I was really skeptical about the outcome, that they might turn soggy n chewy but to my wonder they turned out crunchier n tastier than ever...
- 3 cups sweet corn ( fresh / thawed ) i used frozen..
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup rice flour( add according to the moisture content in corn )
- 1/4 cup Corn starch
- 3 green chilles crushed or to taste
- Salt to taste
- An inch piece Ginger crushed
- 4 to 5 stalks Spring onion chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- Oil for shallow frying
- Defrost the frozen corn and spread on a kitchen towel ...
- Spreading on towel helps to absorb any moisture..set this aside for atleast half hour..if using fresh corn skip this step...
- Later add this to a food processor or blender and pulse until coarse..
- Be cautious it has to be coarse not mushy..
- In a wider bowl add the chopped onion, spring onion, cumin , crushed ginger ,green chilli and red chilli powder
- Mix well ..now stir in the minced Corn..
- Next add the corn starch, rice flour and salt..
- Mix well without adding any water ..
- Now take little dough and shape into tikki/ pattice on your palm...
- Place them on a plastic sheet or plate..
- Repeat and shape until all the dough is used..
- Now heat oil in a pan ..
- Once hot add the pattice one by one along the edges...
- Fry them on moderate heat until golden on both the sides..
- Drain them on a paper towel..
- Enjoy while still hot with ketchup / Green chutney...
Crispy ..Crunchy exteriors and Soft ...Mildly sweet interiors..
All u need is a Cup of Tea...
Make and enjoy with Family and Friends !!!
We loved it hope you will love it too !!!