Strawberry Pannacotta !! No Egg & No Gelatin !!!
Wanted to try Panna Cotta since long time but every time other recipes took over it...just becoz most of the recipes had either egg or gelatin ..And i wanted to make without those..
After doing a lot of research could finally make it ..better say Nailed it !!
Panna cotta meaning Cooked cream is an Italian dessert of sweetened cream thickened with Gelatin and molded..
Cream may be aromatized by adding flavors of rum, coffee, vanilla or other...
I made my own version by adding an Indian touch to it..so scroll down for its detailed recipe with a twist...
Ingredients : serves 4 :
- 250 ml Heavy whipping cream
- 50 ml full fat milk
- 50 gms / 1/4 cup / 4 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp saffron strands
- 2 tbsp Agar Agar powder
- 1/4 cup water for dissoving agar agar
For strawberry glaze / syrup :
- 200 gms fresh strawberries chopped
- 75 gms / 1/3 cup / 6 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Firstly dissolve the agar agar powder in 1/4 cup water n set aside until use..
- In a deep pan add the milk, cream and sugar n bring this to a gentle boil..
- Once you observe small bubble forming around the edges of the pan add the saffron strands n stir..
- Now turn off the heat and add the agar agar mix n stir well..
- Grease the ramekins or any small bowls or glasses with butter ..
- I placed small glasses in angle into another glass dish ..to create a slope effect...
- Now pour the cream mixture into it...fill them half way leaving room for strawberry syrup..
- Cover/wrap them with cling film..to prevent a thick dry layer forming over the top..
- Now place these carefully in the refrigerator for 6 hrs to overnight or until set ..
- When we tounch with our index it shld spring back without sticking..this means its done...
- Now preparing the syrup..in a pan add the chopped strawberries , water n sugar ..bring this to boil ..
- Lower the heat n keep cooking on medium heat until strawberries turn mushy n soft..
- Once cooked completely..turn off the heat ..and allow them to cool..
- Later strain the berry mix through a sieve to remove all the pulp n seeds from the mix..
- Once its strained add the syrup back to the pan on low heat..
- Meanwhile in a bowl take water n add the corn starch n mix without any lumps..
- Now add the cornstarch mix to the strawberry syrup..n stir well..
- Now bring this to a boil n keep stirring until thickened to pouring consistency ..similar to a dosa batter ...
- Once thick..cool at room temperature..pls note that it thickens a bit more once cooled...keep it covered in refrigerator until use..
- Next morning remove the ramekins or bowls out ..run a knife along the edges of the bowl ...and invert it on to a plate..
- ***As i placed my bowls in the refrigerator while still hot it gave me an added layer of thick cream..So my pannacotta has an extra layer..
- For the plating..invert panna cotta on to a plate and pour strawberry syrup ..if using glasses u can pour over the top..garnish with fresh fruits/ cream as per u r taste N serve..
I'm Lovin It !!!
Make n enjoy with u r loved ones !!!
We loved it hope you will too !!!