Sev / Sanna karapoosa !!!
Sev or Sanna karapoosa is a authentic snack recipe made using besan n rice flour..
This serves as a perfect accompainment for tea / coffee...Works great for any chaat recipes too...
Karapoosa is so easy n simple recipe to make at home ..can be done in a jiffy without any preparations...
Stores well for several weeks too...
Absorbs very little oil making it a perfect munching for kids n adults as well...
- 2 cups Besan / chana dal flour
- 1/2 cup Rice flour
- 2 tbsp hot oil to mix with flours
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- Salt to taste...
- Water as needed
- Oil to deep fry..
- In a wide deep bowl add besan n rice flour ...mix together..
- Next add in the red chilli powder, turmeric and salt..mix well..
- Now heat the 2 tbsp oil to smoking point and add this to the flour mix..
- Mix well until well incorporated..
- Now add water little by little and knead into a sticky paste ..slightly thick than bhajiya mix..
- Use a spoon to mix..makes the job way easy ..as besan turns slimy when touches any liquid using spoon helps a lot..
- Meanwhile start heating oil in a pan / kadai to deep fry sev..
- Spoon little batter into the sev maker with the fine holed disc attached to it..
- Now press this into hot oil ..
- Be cautious do not over crowd the pan as oil might spill out..
- Continue frying until golden..flip n fry..
- Fry both the sides until golden n remove onto a paper towel lined plate..
- Repeat the process until all the batter is done..
- Allow it to cool a bit n crush/ break into pieces with your fingers...
- Once completely cooled store in an airtight container ..n cherish until stock lasts !!
Crispy n crunchy sev is already to dig in !!Enjoy the savory goodness with hot cup of tea / coffee...