Set Dosa !!!
Set dosa is a spongy , light n fluffy dosa!!
It is a popular breakfast dish from karnataka served in majority of restaurants n fast food centres across India..
A set of dosa's are served with mixed vegetable stew known as sagu and coconut chutney..
Their spongy n light texture makes it unique and one of a kind !!
- 1 cup urad dal
- 2 cups Long grain rice/ parboiled rice / regular rice.. i used parboiled rice..
- 1 cup rice flakes / poha thick variety
- 1 tsp Methi / fenugreek seeds
- Salt to taste
- Oil for making dosa's..
- Wash and soak the dal ,rice , rice flakes and methi seeds overnight or for 6 to 8 hrs until doubled..
- Next morning drain the water and grind into smooth batter adding water..
- The batter has to be slightly thick than regular dosa batter..
- Ferment the batter for overnight..
- This batter increases a lot in volume depending on the climate..
- Next morning add in salt to taste..
- Adjust the consistency to kind of uttapam batter..
- Heat a skillet /tawa...once hot add a laddle full of batter n spread in circular motion...
- The dosa has to be thick so spread accordingly ...similar to uttapam ...
- Add few drops of oil at the sides n center..
- After a couple of mins flip n cook..
- Cook for few mins ...
- Now its ready to plate..
Tastes great with any chutney / sambhar / sagu !!
Make and enjoy !!
We loved it hope you will too !!!