Rice flour Chakli !!! Crispy n crunchy !!!
Chaklis are one of the traditional savory snacks of indian khana....
No festival is complete without a crunchy munching...inorder to balance all the sweets we eat during festivals some savory or hot snack is a must !!
Chakli's are perfect accompainment for tea/ coffee....
They are good to grab n go during travel or journeys...even kids love to eat these crispy munchies...
Instead of adding butter and other fats i have used sourcream ....it not only provides the good buttery, sour taste but also helps in getting golden color n making them crunchy...
Will mention the alternative for sour cream as well, in my recipe..so scroll down.. :) :)
- 200 ml Sour cream
- 1 cup + (1/4 cup if required) rice flour
- 1 tbsp All purpose flour / Maida
- 4 green chillies
- An inch piece ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
Grind or mince green chillies and ginger n set aside..do not add any water..
Roast the cumin seeds n allow them to cool..
- In a bowl take the sour cream..add the salt, cumin , sesame seeds and ginger n green chilli mince to it..
- Stir well...until incorporated..
- To this mix add a cup of rice flour and Maida n stir well..
- If the dough is sticky add the extra 1/4 cup too n make the dough..
- The dough has to be soft n very slightly sticky..
- Now divide this into portions according to the size of u r chakli press..
- Now using a star disc make chakli's ..
- Meanwhile start heating up the oil in a pan /kadai to deep fry chakli's..
- Press the chakli's onto a aluminium foil first...then slowly drop into oil...
- Deep fry 4 to 5 at a time on a medium flame until golden..
- Drain them on a paper towel..
- Let them cool at room temperature n stack in an air tight container..
If u cant get u r hands on sour cream for one cup sour cream take 3/4 cup of full fat yoghurt / curd and 2 tbsp of butter at room temperature..
Make n enjoy these crunchy munchies with tea / coffee...