Punjabi Chole Masala !!! My way !!!
Chole masala is a delicious protein packed dish from Punjabi cuisine..It is Pretty famous all over the Globe !!!
When you step outside India this is a dish that you find for sure in any Indian restaurant or take away !!!
No wonder that It has taken the prior place in Indian cuisine...its taste n flavors keeps it forward always !!!
- 1 cup dry Kabuli chana
- 1 large onions finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 green chillies slit
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- An inch piece ginger finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp Dhania / coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Amchoor powder/ dry mango powder
- 2 tsp Chana masala powder store bought
- ( i used MDH brand ..even Everest and Badshah work fine )
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil / ghee (I used oil )
- Water as required...
- Few sprigs of coriander/cilantro chopped
Prep work :
- Wash n soak the kabuli chana in enough water for overnight or atleast six to eight hours until it doubles in size..
- Next morning drain the water and boil it until soft in a pressure cooker adding water , a tsp of salt n pinch of turmeric...
- Once the pressure is released slightly mash the chana ..this helps in attaining gravy..
- In a pan add oil..once hot add the cumin seeds allow them to splutter..
- Next add the slit Green chillies, chopped ginger,chopped onions and a 1/4 tsp of salt..this helps the onions to sweat faster..
- Saute until onions turn golden..
- Next add the turmeric n fry for a min..
- Now goes in the chopped tomatoes..
- Stir well n cover with a lid ..lower the heat n cook until tomatoes turn mushy n soft...
- Once soft add the dry spices i.e..dhania powder, amchoor powder, chana masala, salt , red chilli powder...
- Stir well n cook on low heat until oil oozes a bit...
- Now add the boiled chana ...along with its water..
- Stir well and add the chopped coriander leaves...cover with a lid n cook for 15 mins on low heat..stirring in intervals...
- Once done check n adjust seasoning...
Tastes to fabulous n out of the world...
Bhatura recipe in my next post...
Make and enjoy the Punjabi delicasy ..i am sure u'll love it..
No additional efforts or time consuming procedures...just simple cooking yet authentic tasting !!!