Palak Paneer Paratha !!
Palak Paneer paratha is a protein packed dish made using spinach / palak n paneer as main ingredients..
The added flavors of spices just enriches the parathas even more..
I used freshly made paneer instead of dry store bought one and this helped me a lot to make the paranthas even more rich n creamier ...as i said paneer was freshly made so wen i rolled the parathas n cooked , it melted n turned creamy inside ..ultimately when we bite into it , it was bursting with richness !!!
Man , this makes me drool for it once again :) :)
For the dough : makes 8 to 10 parathas :
- 2 cups wheat flour
- Water as needed
- Salt a pinch
- 1 tsp oil
Use the above mentioned ingredients and knead a soft dough...cover with a damp cloth n set aside until use..
Ingredients for the filling :
- 1 cup grated / crumbled paneer
- 2 cups finely chopped spinach / palak
- 2 tbsp crushed Kasoori Methi
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric / haldi
- 1 tsp Aamchoor / Dry mango powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 3 garlic cloves crushed / grated
- 1 tbsp butter ( if using stored paneer )
- Oil or ghee to fry parathas
If u r using store bought one or the one that is in the refrigerator since long ..the mixture will be dry n crumbly so add a tbsp of butter to make it sticky...
Making the mixture slighltly sticky helps in rolling n spreading the masala evenly between layers...
Final procedure :
- Divide the dough into equal portions ..roll out even balls n set aside..
- Divide the paneer n spinach mix equally in same number to that of Dough balls n set aside..
- Now take a dough ball n roll out into small disc..making sure that the edges are thinner than centre...
- Now place masala mix in the centre ...
- Bring all the sides / edges together n pinch to seal them..
- Now pat in and level into round disc..
- Dip it in the dry flour n roll it out into slightly thick roti / paratha...be gentle while rolling or else the masala might ooze out breaking the dough sheet...
- Now fry this on a hot skillet or tawa using oil / ghee...
- Once roasted to perfection..serve with yoghurt or pickle...
Love the combination of spinach n paneer ...the presence of garlic , kasoori methi and Nutmeg can be felt in every bite !!
Comforting soul food !!!