Oats and Brown rice Dosa !!!
Are you bored of eating the same old Porridge everyday for breakfast ??? ..
Try this oatmeal n brown rice dosa ...its perfect breakfast n brunch option....
Oats are the significant source of dietary fibre containing The soluble and insoluble fibers..The component of the soluble fibre found in oats is Beta glucans which helps in lowering blood cholestrol..
Now coming to the Brown rice ...it is a highly nutritutious food..that is relatively low in calories , high in fibre, gluten free ...All in All making this dish ,a perfectly healthy way to start your day !!
- 1 cup Urad dal split
- 1 cup Brown rice ( u can use normal rice as well )
- 3 cups Instant Oats
- 1 tsp Methi / Fenugreek seeds
- Salt to taste
- Oil for making dosa's
- Wash the dal , rice and methi seeds well..
- Soak these in enough water for 4 to 6 hours or overnight..
- Half hour prior to grinding take the oats in a seperate bowl add 2 cups of water and set it aside ..
- Later drain the water from dal n rice mix..
- Grind the dal , rice , methi seeds and oats into a fine batter adding water if required...
- Keep this batter to ferment for 8 hrs or overnight ...
- Like regular batters it does not increase in volume..but you will observe just a slight sour smell to it and tiny bubbles forming..
- Now add salt to taste and adjust the consistency of the batter to pouring n spreadable texture..
- Heat a skillet or tawa ...once hot , wipe it with a paper towel..
- Add a laddle full of batter n make dosa spreading in a circular motion like any other dosa..
- Drizzle little oil over the edges n center...
- Once the edges start getting golden ..remove with a spatula ..
Tastes great with coconut chutney , Allam pachadi or even peanut chutney..
Make and enjoy !!!
We loved it hope you will too !!!