Hide N Seek Biscuits !!! Easiest way out !!!
Chocolate Lovers this is for you !!!
As a kid or grown up or as an adult i just love chocolates..And these Hide N Seek biscuits are also a part of those, loved for..
Might be during journeys or pass time snack or chocolate craving time i loved to eat these biscuits but since the time we moved out of India they have become a yearly treat..
All of a sudden i started to crave for these beauties as i couldnt get them here..made them myself !
And guess what, they turned out just amazing....i just had to pat my shoulder quiet happily ..i am proud of myself than never before !!!
Ingredients : yield : 24 cookies
- 1/2 cup or 113 gms unsalted butter at room temperature..
- 1& 1/2 cups All purpose flour / Maida
- 3/4 cup or 85 gms Powdered / icing sugar
- 2 Egg yolks at room temperature
- 2 tbsp unsweetend Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips divided into two portions..
- 1/8 tsp or a big pinch salt..
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, salt , baking powder and set aside..
- Take butter in a bowl and whisk it until smooth ...(Butter at room temperature helps a lot in whisking easily ..cold butter will be difficult to beat n won't give the exact required texture..)
- Next beat in the egg yolks...
- You can use a spatula or whisk or electric beater or a wooden spoon for the whisking / beating..
- Later add the powdered / icing sugar in intervals n beat until well combined..
- The mixture will turn out light n fluffy ..
- Now add the sifted flour mix ,half of chocolate chips and knead into a smooth dough using your hand..
- The moisture in the butter mix is enough to knead a dough no additional liquid is needed..
- Once kneaded well...place this in refrigerator for 10 mins ..
- Becoz of all the kneading the butter will start to melt n results in sticky dough..so placing in the refrigerator tightens the dough n helps while rolling / shaping..
- 10 mins was enough for my dough but depending on the weather n temperature in your kitchen u might need to cool it a bit more ..
- So chill the dough until it is non sticky n firm..
- Now sprinkle a tbsp of flour over the counter top or work table..
- Place the dough over it and start rolling with a rolling pin into a square or rectangular sheet of 0.5 mm thickness all over ..
- Now using a square cookie cutter cut into squares...
- Now run a toothpick and make lines over the biscuits as per u r preference ..i made five lines diagonally ..
- Now press the remaining chocolate chips over the cookies preferably two or three on each cookie...
- Now place them on a parchment lined baking sheet leaving an inch gap in between..
- Now bake this in an preheated oven at 180°c or 356°f for about 10 to 12 mins..
- Do not over bake as chocolate burns real quick..
- Once baked to perfection remove them on to a cooling rack carefully..n allow them to cool at room temperature..
- Be gentle while transferring on to cooling rack as they will be slighter softer soon after baking...
- Don't worry Cookies will get crunchier as they cool..
- Once cooled completely store in an airtight container n cherish till stock lasts...
Make and enjoy these crunchies during tea time...tastes great when dunked in milk too..
We loved it hope you will love it too !!!