Garlicky pull apart rolls !!! Wholewheat and Eggless !!!
As days get colder n colder don't even feel like getting up from the couch...but cooking some tasty meals is equally challenging !!
These Garlicky pull apart rolls with some hot hot Tomato soup serves the purpose...
The refreshing taste of garlic from the rolls and the pepper from the soup wipe away all the sore throat n snoozy feels !!!
Ingredients : Makes 8 rolls
For rolls :
- 1.5 cups wheat flour / Atta
- 1.5 cups All purpose flour / Maida
- 1 tbsp Yeast
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup Luke warm water
- 4 tbsp unsalted Butter + 2 tbsp for greasing the pan n brushing after baked... at room temperature
- 5 to 6 Garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt ( skip it , if using salted butter )
- 1/2 tsp Dried / fresh Parsley leaves
- 1/4 tsp Mixed italian herbs
- 3 to 4 Sprigs Coriander leaves finely chopped
- In a bowl take the warm water add the sugar n yeast ..stir well , cover n set aside to proof the yeast..
- After 10 mins remove the lid..u will notice the yeast is all foamy thats perfect indication of yeast activation...
- **** An important advice for amateur bakers like me...The yeast will not get activated if the water is cold or even too hot ..make sure that water is just warm i.e slightly above the body temperature..( Meaning Goru veccha in telugu , Gun Guna in hindi )...
- In a seperate wider bowl sift the Atta , Maida and salt ...
- Once done add the yeast mixture and knead a soft dough..when you press with u r finger it should spring back..
- Grease another or same bowl with little oil n place the dough ball in it..
- Greasing is important becoz it avoids the dough from sticking to the bowl...
- Now place this covered, in a warm place n allow it rise until double in size..this might take 45 mins to an hour..
- After an hour remove the dough on to a floured surface n punch out all the air and knead it to a ball again..
- Next divide the dough into two equal parts..
- Now roll these portions one by one into thick rectangles dusting with very very little flour only if needed..
- Meanwhile in a bowl prepare the spread...take the butter and add all the other ingredients i.e the herbs , coriander n salt ..mix well n set aside..
- Now spread half of the butter mix on each rectangle as evenly as possible..
- Roll this into a log ..Make three incissons to divide into four rolls..
- Cut through the incissions ...resulting in four rolls..
- Repeat the same with the other piece of dough..Once both are done place them in the greased baking pan
- Leaving atleast half an inch gap between the rolls and the edges of the pan....
- Now cover this and place in warm place for 20 to 30 mins or until doubled..
- Later u will notice all the gaps are filled n its doubled in volume..
- Now place this in an preheated oven at 200°c or 400 °f for 20 to 30 mins or until golden brown crust is formed..
- Once baked remove and brush a spoonful of butter over the top ..this step is absolutely optional but gives the bread that extra shimmer..
We love it hope you will too !!!