English Muffin Bread !!! Eggless, Butterless,Sugarless !!!
English muffin bread is the softest bread ever..mildly sweet n spongy goodness..
This is a eggless, butterless and Sugarless recipe ..so wat else could be better than this!!
First n foremost i need to thank my dear friend n guide Shano Biju for this awesome recipe..dear , u r bakes are always so inspiring dear..thank you is a small word but couldn't find any other adjective suitable than this !!!
- 2 1/4 cups All purpose flour / Maida
- 1/8 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/8 cup warm water
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 tbsp yeast
- In a bowl add the warm water , honey and yeast mix well ..n cover it to proof until frothy..
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt ..
- In a seperate bowl add the sifted flour mix in warm milk and proofed yeast ...
- Stir well with a spoon..
- The dough will be sticky...
- Now grease a loaf tin with soft butter and dust with all purpose flour/ Maida ...
- Next spoon in the dough mix into the tin...
- Pat it with u r fingers to level...
- Cover this with a cling film n keep it in a warm place to double in size..which might take 20 to 30 mins..
- Once doubled brush the top with milk n bake in an preheated oven at 180°c or 350°f for 20 mins ..or until golden..
- ***When you tap on the top after baking it should sound hallow...
- Once baked to perfection , remove the tin , brush the top with butter n cool to room temperature..
- Later cut into slices with a serrated knife..
Perfect for toasting n works great for sandwiches too !!!!
Bake and enjoy this perfect Muffin Bread !!!
We loved it hope you will too !!!