Eggless Ladi Pav/Dinner Rolls !!!
Ladi pav mean row of breads , these are so soft , spongy n mildly sweet !!!
These bread / dinner rolls when served with bhaji ( curry ) makes it a Pav bhaji..the same when stuffed with a potato patty makes it a vada pav... no matter how you serve , these pav's / dinner rolls are so soft n tasty that they do not require any accompaniment...
Tastes great when dunked in milk or tea as well...
As a kid, always observed people eating these pav breads with a cup of tea in front of irani hotels ,as breakfast before heading to work!!
Now lets move to its ingredients n procedure...
Ingredients : makes 12 pav...
- 3 cups All purpose flour / Maida
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp oil n butter mix( 2 tbsp butter + 2 tbsp oil ) i used olive oil
- Extra a tbsp butter melted for greasing pan
- 2 1/4 tsp or 1 sachet instant yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp milk
- In a bowl /pan add tbsp of milk n water..heat it to luke warm ..
- Do not over heat as it kills the yeast..
- Now add the sugar n stir..
- Next stir in the yeast..
- Cover this with a lid n keep aside for 10 mins until frothy n bubbly..
- If your yeast doesnt bubble up discard n start again..
- Sift the flour with baking powder and salt ...
- Now add the 1 cup of milk and yeast mixture to the flour mix..
- Knead this into a dough ..
- Now add the oil and butter mix n knead well...
- Now take this out on to a cleaned board or flat surface or counter top ..
- Knead the dough with your hand until soft n non sticky dough..for atleast 10 mins..
- ***Kneading for atleast 10mins develops the gluten and helps in bread to rise..
- ***If u do not knead the dough enough the breads might turn hard n dense...
- Next ...place this dough in an greased bowl n cover with a cling film ..
- Allow this to rise until doubled in a warm place that might take an hour or little more..
- Once the dough is well risen...
- Knock the air down ...dust it with 2 tbsp of flour n start kneading once again for 5 mins..
- Later weigh the dough, if u do not have any scale or u can just eye ball n divide into 12 portions..
- My dough weighed around 780 gms ..so i divided into 65 gms each portion ..resulting in 12 rolls..
- Once divided..roll each portion on the counter top to form a ball , with your palm...
- Meanwhile grease n dust a baking pan with butter n flour...A 9×13" pan works best...
- Now roll all the portions into balls n place them in the pan leaving an inch of gap between each of it..
- Cover this with a cling film or lint free cloth...
- Place this in a warm dry place for an hour until doubled in size..
- (I used two pans so one pan had 9 rolls n the other loaf tin had three..)
- Later brush the top with milk..be gentle as u might poke the the rolls..
- Preheat your oven to 180°c or 356 °f ..
- Now place the tray in the oven n bake for 20 to 25 mins or until golden crust is formed...
- Once baked to perfection brush the rolls with melted butter...
- Allow them to cool in the pan at room temperature for 15 to 20 mins...
- Later run a knife along the edges n invert onto a flat surface..
- Seperate the pav's and serve according to u r choice...
Make these yummies and woo u r family n friends...
The soft n chewy interiors are to die for !!
We slurrped ours with bhaji..
So our dinner was Pav bhaji..yumm yumm !!!
Make and enjoy !!
You will never buy pav again from bakeries !!
We loved it hope you will too !!