Bean oat Pattice / Cutlets !!! Crispy n crunchy !!!
Bean oat Cutlets are very very easy to prepare and are so versatile...The addition of Beans to the veggies makes them one of a kind ...
They can be had just like cutlets with some ketchup or Mayo as dips during evenings ..or can be stuffed in burger buns to make u r own bean burger...or can be used as stuffings in tortilla wraps with some lettuce, tomato and pickles like Jalapeno , olives resulting in perfect veggie wrap ...
Its perfect for fussy kids too ...as we can hide all the nutritious food in form of burger and wrap...
- 5 Medium Potatoes Boiled n peeled
- 1 cup Red kidney beans / Rajma ( i used canned so washed n drained them..if using dry ones soak 1/2 cup Rajma over night n boil them to 90 % done...we do not want them to turn mushy ...finally we need one 1cup of boiled )
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped Zucchini
- 1/4 Green / french beans finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup frozen / fresh peas
- 1/4 cup frozen / fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- Few sprigs cilantro / coriander finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 inch piece ginger finely grated
- 2 garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs ( oregano, thyme , rosemary , parsley )
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp pepper crushed
- 1/4 cup Bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup roasted n crushed rolled Oats
- Oil to deep fry
- In a bowl take the corn starch n dilute with 1 cup of water...mix thouroughly so that lumps are not formed...
- mix the bread crumbs and oats powder in another bowl n set aside..
- Meanwhile start heating up the oil in a frying pan or kadai to deep fry the cutlets..
- In a wide bowl add the boiled, peeled potatoes and mash them..
- Now to this add all the ingredients except bread crumbs and oats powder..
- Mix well and divide into equal portions..
- Shape them into bullets or nuggets or rounds according to u r preference...
- Now dip the nuggets into corn flour mix and roll them now in oats and bread crumb mix ..
- Once rolled add them to the hot oil ..n fry on medium high heat until golden...
- Drain them onto a paper towel ..
Bean Oat Cutlets ready to be served with ketchup !!!
Bean Oat Buger ready to hogg !!!
A collage of everything including Bean Oat wrap !!!
Make and enjoy u r chilly evenings with hot , flavorful , nutritions overloaded Bean oat cutlets !!!!