Badam /Almond Burfi !!! Simple yet tasty n unique !!!
Almond burfi is so suttle n mild in sweetness but has its own unique nutty flavor ....
It is so simple yet so loved dessert ..can be made and stored much ahead of the occasion or festival...
Almonds are very rich in Vitamin B and E...
They lower the bad cholestrol..aid in weight loss...helps to strengthen the bones and teeth..
Moreover the sugar content in this is low when compared to other desserts ..overall making it a perfect dessert for any occasion!!!
- 1 cup Almonds / Badam
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- A pinch of saffron drenched in a tbsp of milk..
- 1/2 cup or 110 gms butter
- In a bowl take the almonds and add enough warm water to soak the almonds completely..
- After an hour drain the water and peel the skin off ...
- Next in a small bowl add a tbsp of warm milk and add the saffron strands ...n set this aside until needed...
- Cut the butter into small cubes and keep ready..
- Now grind the peeled almonds into fine paste using half cup of milk..
- ***Do not add more as it disturbs the consistency of burfi..
- Next , In a non stick pan add the sugar and water ..bring this to a boil until melted n attains one string consistency..
- Next ..lower the heat to medium and add the ground almond paste and stir well without any lumps...
- Keep stirring this on medium heat until it turns thick..
- Be cautious as it sticks to the pan real quick...
- This might take 10 to 15 mins..
- Once thick keep adding butter cubes one
- Repeat this until all the butter is mixed in..
- This results in glossy texture ..
- Next stir in the saffron milk...
- Keep stirring n cooking on medium heat until thick
- Meanwhile grease a tray n keep ready for setting the burfi..
- Once it starts to leave the pan..
- Now set this at room temperature until firm or for 2 to 3 hrs..
- To quicken the process u can set it in the fridge once it comes to room temperature..
- Later cut into cubes or diagnals according to u r preference..
- Garnish with chopped nuts and saffron...