Whole Wheat Methi Matri !!!
Methi Matri ...
Its one of our favorite tea time / evening snacks ...can be made in no time...moreover they are whole wheat made...so indeed the best ones...n perfect for chilly weather too...
I always made them using all purpose flour but in some corner was not satisfied so tried using whole wheat to my surprise they turned out even better ,,,very very flaky , crisp and so very flavorful !!!
- 2cups : whole wheat flour / Atta
- 1 tsp : carom seeds / ajwain
- 3 tbsp : crushed kasoori methi
- 4 tbsp : clarified butter / ghee
- 1tsp : crushed pepper corns
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder to taste ( i used 2 tbsp )
- 1tsp chaat masala
- Oil for frying
- Take flour in a bowl, add salt, carom seeds, kasoori methi, pepper corns, red chilli powder, chaat masala and mix well.
- Add four tablespoons of melted clarified butter and mix well.
- Add sufficient water and bring together into a hard dough.
- Cover and rest the dough for fifteen minutes.
- Divide the dough into twenty-four equal balls and flatten them slightly..
- Prick them with a fork.
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan. Slide in the mathris and deep-fry on medium heat till golden and crisp.
- Drain and take them on a tissue paper/ absorbent paper. Cool them completely And Store in airtight tins.