Simple N Flavorful Peas Pulao !!
One of biggest tasks for any wife, is to plan out the days menu for her family...
We always look out for simple easy yet healthy ways to cook atleast three meals per day.. Falling into the same genre would be packing lunch for hubby n kids..
So today i am posting a simple peas pulao recipe that can be made in Pressure cooker or a rice cooker...
- 1 cup Basmati rice (washed n soaked )
- 1/4 cup frozen or fresh peas
- 3 to 4 green chillies ( finely chopped )
- 2 sprigs Mint /Pudina ( sorted n finely chopped )
- 2 sprigs coriander / cilantro ( sorted n finely chopped )
- 2 cardamom pods
- An inch piece of cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1tsp shahi jeera
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder (optional )
- 2 tbsp Oil / Ghee (i used olive oil )
- Salt to taste
- 1 3/4 cups water ( take a little less quantity of water than regular as the rice is soaked , it can become mushy if added more )
- Wash n soak the Basmati rice..for atleast 10 mins..
- In a pressure cooker add the oil / clarified butter
- Once hot add in the cardamom, shahi jeera , cloves , bay leaf , cinnamon
- Allow the shahi jeera to splutter.
- Next add in the chopped green chillies , saute for a min.
- Now add the chopped Mint and coriander leaves ...fry for a min..
- Next stir in the frozen peas..
- Now add the salt..coriander,cumin n garam masala powder.
- Saute for a min...next add the washed n soaked rice..
- Add the water n stir ..
- Close the lid n cook for 2 to 3 whistles..
- Remove the lid...do not stir immediately ..
- Let it cool down n then stir..
- Peas Pulao is ready... serve it with any gravy or dal..tastes great with raita too...
If u want to prepare this in a rice cooker...follow the same procedure but make it in a pan n then transfer into the rice cooker bowl n cook normally...