Mint / Pudina Chutney !!!
Mint / Pudina chutney is a simple yet feel fresh chutney..
It goes well with absolutely anything..
As a spread on bread / toast/ sandwich...tastes great with rice ..as dip for idly or dosa...so versatile n tasty...
Done in a jiffy with a few ingredients ...
- 2 cups packed fresh mint / pudina leaves( soarted n washed )
- A golf ball sized tamarind ( soaked in water )
- 4 to 5 green chillies chopped
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp mustard n cumin seeds
- 1tbsp + 1tsp oil
- In a pan add a tsp of oil ...
- Once warm add the green chillies sesame seeds and toast the sesame seeds until golden..
- Now add the mint / pudina leaves saute until they change color..
- Switch off the flame n let the cool...
- In a blender jar add the roasted ingredients , soaked tamarind , salt , sugar and turmeric..
- Grind them into paste add water if required..
- Remove into a bowl n add the tempering made with mustard n cumin seeds
- Its ready to served as a spread or as a dip or as a chutney with plain rice...
Love the freshness n minty flavor this provides..
Sugar helps in balancing the sour taste of tamarind..n not to forget the sesame that provides a texture to the chutney n the toasted nutty flavor of them is uncommendable...
Perfect for those lazy days when you to make something in a blink !!!