Milk powder Gulab Jamoon !!! Real quickie version !!
Sweet Welcome to the New Year...always start the year with a cake cutting but this time i was in no mood to bake n decorate so took the easy way out n prepared Gulab Jamoon our all time fav dessert...And here is the same for my bloggers...
Easy Peasy way of making yet so tasty n authentic kind...
Ingredients: yield : 16 jamoons..
- Milk Powder - 1 cup (use Everyday / Nido)
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 3 tblspn
- Baking Soda a pinch
- Ghee / Clarified Butter - 1 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Curd / Yogurt - 2 tblspn ( You can use milk too)
- Oil or Ghee for Deep frying
- Sugar - 1.5 cup
- Water - 2 cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp ( I used 4 cardamom pods)
- Rose Water - few drops
- Saffron a big pinch
- (My 1 cup measures 240 ml)
- In a sifted, add in flour, milk powder, salt and baking soda. Sieve them together.
- Now take this in a bowl, add in ghee and curd. Knead it to a soft sticky dough. Add more curd if needed. Let the dough rest for 5 mins keeping covered ,while you make the syrup.
- Take sugar and water in a sauce pan, bring it to boil. Simmer it for 5 to 8 mins till it gets little sticky. No need of string consistency.
- Now add in cardamom powder, saffron and rose essence. Mix well.
- Take small portion of dough and shape it into smooth balls. The balls should be very smooth without any cracks.
- Now heat oil or ghee for deep frying.Drop the jamuns in and fry till golden. The oil should be on low, when you drop a jamun ball in, the ball should first sink to the bottom then slowly rise to the top.
- Fry on low heat until u attain nice brown color...
- Drain and drop into hot syrup (you can reheat the syrup till it is hot and then drop the jamun in). Cover and let them soak for 2 hours.
- Later serve and enjoy...
The sweet begining to any day or event...
Make and enjoy with your loved ones and family..
Its a fool proof recipe with authentic feel..
Making jamoons has never been easier !!