Green Peas Poori !!!
Green peas poori ...simple n easy to make with just a few ingredients ..moreover no side dish required.. : P
Poori is every kids favorite..n my kids too..whenever i ask them for breakfast or dinner options , without any hesitation they say in chorus "Poori"...but is it that nutritious ???
In this case, the addition of green peas wipes out all the fears ..as they loaded with protein n fibre, good to have once in a while ( only becoz they are deep fried ).....
- 2 cups wheat flour / Atta
- 1 cup green peas ( fresh / frozen )
- 5 to 6 green chillies
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander/ cilantro leaves
- 1tsp carom/ ajwain seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin / jeera seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric / haldi
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed ( for dough making )
- Oil to deep fry..
- Grind the fresh / frozen peas along with green chillies n keep aside..
- In a bowl add the wheat flour , turmeric , salt ,chopped coriander, carom seeds , cumin seeds ... Give them a stir ...
- Now add the ground paste of peas n green chillies...mix well...
- Now add water little by little n knead a slightly stiff dough..
- Keep covered n set aside for 10 mins..
- Now make small golf sized portions ..roll out into discs, dusting dry flour ..as we make regular pooris..
- Now deep fry them on medium high heat until puffed up n slightly golden..
- The plus factor is it doesnt need any side dish ...they are good to with just yoghurt..
- So serve them hot n enjoy !!!