Eggless , Butterless Cocoa Walnut Brownies !!!
Brownies ...are the favorites of all age groups ...the added crunch of walnuts n chocochips just takes it to other level...
A perfect accompainment for tea / coffee / milk...tastes even better with a dollop of ice cream or whipped cream...i even love them with a drizzle of caramel too...
- 1 cup + additional 1tbsp All purpose flour / Maida
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 5 tbsp / 59 ml / 1/3 cup vegetable or sunflower oil
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Instant coffee ( Melt the coffee powder in a tbsp of hot water n set aside to cool )
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional )
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional )
- Firstly sift All purpose flour , cocoa powder, baking soda and icing sugar..
- Next add the salt n stir..
- In a seperate bowl add the oil , butter milk , coffee decoction & vanilla essence ..
- Whisk this properly until well mixed ...
- Now fold in the dry sifted ingredients into this wet mixture with a whisk or spatula..
- In a small bowl add the chopped walnuts n chocolate chips and add a tbsp of all purpose flour & mix properly..
- This step ensures that the nuts n chips are distributed well or else they tend sink at the bottom ..
- Now fold these into the wet mixture ....be gentle while mixing...
- Next grease and line a 8×13" inch pan with parchment paper ...
- Now pour in the brownie mixture into the lined pan...level it with the back of the spatula...so that mix is evenly spread in the pan..
- Bake this in a preheated oven at 180°c / 350°F for about 20 to 25 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean...
Enjoy with a cuppa or icecream....
Cake like brownies..definetely of My kind !!!