Eggless Cumin cookies !!!
Cumin /jeera cookies...
Perfect accompainment for tea time...
I bet no one can stop with one...hahaha...
This is a quick n easy recipe ...made with a couple of ingredients from the pantry...
Makes around 20 -22 cookies
- All purpose flour / Maida : 1 cup + for dusting
- Unsalted Butter at room temperature : little less than ( 1/2 cup / 1 stick )
- Cumin / jeera seeds - 1 tbsp
- Powdered Sugar: 1/4 cup
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Milk at room temperature - 2-4 tbsp ( just to bind the dough )
- Dry roast cumin seeds till they are crisp and aromatic. This may take 2-3 mins .
- Meanwhile ,In a bowl take butter and sugar powder .
- Whisk / beat well until its creamy and fluffy .
- It is very important to use butter at room temperature ..otherwise it will be hard to mix n texture will be crumbly...
- Once the cumin seeds are roasted nicely , take a rolling pin and crush them coarsely and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven at 180c / 350 F for 10 minutes
- In a bowl sift all purpose flour.
- To that add salt and about 75 % of crushed roasted cumin seeds . We will be using the remaining cumin seeds later while rolling dough .
- Now add this maida mix to the beaten butter mix. Add dry ingredient to the wet ingredient in 2- 3 batches and with a help of whisk/ spatula / hand make a dough .If the dough is crumbly add about 2 tbsp of milk. Mix . Add more milk only if the mixture feels dry. if it is still dry then add 2 tablespoons more and mix . It should come together as soft dough but should not be sticky.
- Roll to make a smooth medium thick chapati.Sprinkle the remaining cumin seeds and lightly roll it.
- Take cookie cutter / sharp lid , dip into dry flour and cut into small biscuits .You can use any shape of size as per your choice. Gather the remaining scrapings, roll out again and repeat the process till the entire dough gets over.
- Spread a butter paper on the baking sheet and arrange biscuits over it .
- Bake them at 180 c or 350 F for 10 mins.After 10 mins , take out the cookies, set the temperature of the oven to 170 C or 325 F and bake for another 5-7 mins or till the cookies become golden brown . Baking at lower temperature makes the cookies crispy.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, allow it to cool completely .Store them in air tight containers and relish !!
Make and enjoy with u r family and friends..
We loved it hope you will love it too !!